ST. RAPHAEL CATHOLIC SCHOOL
INSTRUCTIONS FOR LEVEL II AND SEP CERTIFICATION
Level II Background Screening (Fingerprints)
Level II Screening is required for all employees, volunteers, clergy, and many contractors or vendors who provide ongoing services. Recertification is required every 5 years however actual finger prints are commonly required only the first time.
- A Credit Card is required at the time of registration or processing. A fee of $51.00 (Volunteers) or $58.58 (Employee or Vendor) will be charged. (Reimbursement would have been discussed before completing this process).
- Register for fingerprints at https://dospsep.org
- On the left side of the page is a box for Application Registration. Click on the box to proceed.
- You will be brought to the FLORIDA APPLICANT EXPERIENCE. Read the page and then click the box on the bottom to acknowledge and proceed.
- Select the Location you wish to use, and then choose the date you wish to go. Available times will be listed. (note the unique number at the top of the page)
- Once your appointment has been scheduled you then choose the applicant type from the list (Employee, Volunteer, Vendor, Clergy, etc.)
- Next, select the location (St. Raphael Church or School).
- Complete the demographic information requested.
- Continue to the waiver section and payment section.
- After you complete the scheduled appointment the results will be sent to either the Church or School within 2 days of your appointment.
Safe Environment Training for working with Children and Adults
Safe Environment Training (SEP) is required every 5 years for all clergy, employees. It is also required for volunteers who seek unsupervised access to Children, Youth and Vulnerable Adults. There are no fees for these trainings.
- Go to http://stpetesburg.CMGconnect.org to create an account and register.
- Select our Diocese – Diocese of St. Petersburg
- Compete the Demographics information (name, address, etc.).
- Select your primary entity (St. Raphael School or Church)
- Select your role (in the dropdown) and then mark your activity.
- Select the REQUIRED SAFE ENVIORNMENT Training for St. Petersburg.
- Complete the disclaimer and Safe Haven – It’s Up to You training curriculum.
- Once all elements are complete (video and questions) download and print the Certificate.
- Keep a copy of the certificate and forward a copy (via paper copy or email) to the Parish or School Office (email@example.com) as soon as possible.